Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Take the cake!


I am very close to making a final decision on my cake toppers. They will be handmade by RedLightStudios of Washington. Because they are handmade, I get to decide exactly how I want these little guys to turn out. That is where you guys (the two/three people that read this blog) come in!

I want to stick with my bluebird theme, but I'm having a hard time visualizing exactly what I want. Here's a few options that I've come up with:

A. Both birds powdery blue. The boy bird with a slightly darker blue tie and the girl with a veil

B. The boy bird could be a darker blue (I'm thinking grey blue, not royal [OMG] blue) with a red tie maybe? So that way, he looks like a real Eastern bluebird. Those little guys have red breasts. The girl bird could be a lighter version of that, so light, she almost looks white, I'm thinking.

If anyone has a favorite option, or if you have any thoughts or ideas, please comment! I want these little guys to be adorable.

The image is from the extensive gallery at the blog for RedLightStudio. You can go there to see Cynthia's other cute works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bluebird theme, there are some pretty cool looking twitter bird designs over at smashingmagazine.com

Cams said...

I LOVE those birds!!! I couldn't stop looking at them when you first posted them, I love them so much!
Anyway, I like the darker blue boy bird with the red tie idea (bonus points if that is what Zack will be wearing) but I think the girl bird should be white. Maybe with a blue bead necklace or something? I think it would look weird with two blue birds, even if one is lighter.