Thursday, March 5, 2009

Candlelight's effect on color

Most of our reception will be taking place outdoors in the evening. This means that our main source of light will be candles. I decided to figure out how all this candlelight (and in some places, faux candlelight) will change or enhance the colors I have chosen for my wedding.

To Google!


I was not disappointed. According to the Prof. Oddfellow at Color + Design Blog, candlelight intensifies redish colors, but mutes cooler colors like blues and purples.

Thanks to this little tidbit of information, I now know that I would probably do better to concentrate on using more reds than blues.

I wonder how I could highlight the blues in my color theme at night and in the candlelight.
Blue glass surrounding some candles could always help, I suppose.

Note: picture also courtesy of Color + Design

No comments: