Thursday, March 26, 2009

Personalizing the wedding

First off, let me say that for some pretty pretties, you can stop by Grey likes weddings. She always has the sweetest pictures and ideas.

I think this is a safe haven for me to say that Zack and I are complete geeks. We play video games, watch sci-fi television shows (too many to name), go to sci-fi conventions, play geeky tabletop games, and get really excited about gadgets. And yet, we are full of awesome (I should know).

I want to make sure that the awesomeness that glows around us is conveyed in our wedding and at our reception. So far, I only have a couple of things: The bridesmaids will be processing with Zelda's Lullaby (I might add another geeky/video game love song in there somewhere). Also, Zack's groom's cake is going to be carved into the shape of a silvery Mac Apple (and hopefully, it will be good).

This is not enough! I want more! So far, my ideas include the following:

Decking out the guys in nerdy cufflinks.


usb drive favors! Possibly with our playlists on it? Going along with the playlist idea, we could just burn CDs.

We could also make our own little geeky activity book, with puzzles and maybe some ad libs.

Finally, I was thinking of naming all the tables after little geekery details (Not in a tacky way). Examples include: "Table Cylon", "Table Skywalker"

OR, we could number the tables using our iPhone pictures. But I wonder if you can tell that they are iPhones.

I really don't want to go overboard on any of these things for a few reasons. First, our theme is bluebirds and I don't want to take away from that, but I also don't want the bluebirds to take away from our personalities. Second, if I go overboard, I feel like the wedding will feel like a themed birthday party instead of one of the most important days of my life.

Photo credits: cufflinks ( Real Geek ), usb drive ( Pexagon ), us with iPhone ( Keith Peeler )

1 comment:

Cams said...

Can I sit at table Skywalker?