Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Paper and birdies

Update on reception venue: After much consideration, number crunching, and finding out that our venue was probably going to over-charge us by quite a bit, I have started actively shopping for alternatives. With under six months until the wedding, I'm only hoping that other places aren't already booked. I've gotta hurry!

According to The Knot, it is about time for me to have chose a design and the wording for my invitation. This part is very exciting to me because (one) my fiance is a kick-*ss graphic designer and (two) it sets the stage for the entire wedding.

The theme for the wedding has taken a turn (for the better). Rather than a coffee house feel, I've been leaning heavily towards a bluebird theme. Aside from being just plain pretty, Eastern Bluebirds have coloring that is eerily close to my already chosen color scheme. Also, bluebirds are a symbol of happiness!

With a new theme close to being completely established, I have started searching for inspiration and ideas for the invitations and cake.

So far, my favorite little pieces of inspiration are in the form of silhouettes.

I'm hoping that whatever design we come up with for the invitation may be incorporated into the rest of the wedding.


Photo credits: Bluebird ( Tracey, via Flickr ); Madeline Invitation ( onereverie )

No comments: