Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our style

Our style: modern with a touch of classic; simple with a dab of elegance.

My challenge: convey these elements of our style in a handmade way, without anything looking cheap or crafty-country.

I want to get away with making as many elements of our decor as I can. Saving money gives me warm fuzzies and knowing that I put everything together makes me feel accomplished.

While lots of brides are making needlepoint table numbers, I'm left with trying to figure out how to be modern without looking crafty.

Things I'd like to make on my own (or with the help of my beautiful bridesmaids, friends, and family):
table runners
reception centerpieces
aisle markers
Wreaths/initials for entrance to ceremony and wedding site
Invitations - zack is designing
Programs - zack is designing
Buffet table labels
Favor stuff
Something to go on the chairs at the reception
style of the cake - I don't want a cookiecutter cake
I'm sure there will be more later...

No comments: